Monemvasia – Church of Ayia Sophia, or Panayia Hodegetria
Prefectural Administration of Lakonia
Octagon-domed church built in the 12th century (1149-1150). The sculptures that adorn the church date to the 12th century, and the wall paintings to the late 12th and early 13th century. The church was originally dedicated to the Panayia Hodegitria, and after the liberation (1821) was rededicated to the Sophia (wisdom) of God.
No audio or video files.
No other files.
There are no more subtopics under the current topic