Monemvasia - Church of Panayia Myrtidiotissa, or Kritikia
Prefectural Administration of Lakonia
This is a single-aisled church with a dome, built during the second Venetian period (1690-1715). Tradition holds that it was built by the Bishop of Cythera, Philotheos Darmarios, who came from Monemvasia. The church is also known as the Panayia Kritikia, and is connected to the settlement of refugees from Crete on the castle. The round skylights, the form of the door, the pediment on the faaçade, and many other decorative details testify to the influence of western styles.
No audio or video files.
No other files.
There are no more subtopics under the current topic