Agios Ioannis of Kynouria
University of Peloponnisos
At an altitude of 750 metres on the Mount Sarantapsycho there is a small village, called Agios Ioannis (St.John). From 1798 until 1826, when it was destroyed by Ibrahim, the Karytsioti Agios Vasilios KynouriasSchool used to operate in the village with students from all over Peloponnese. Today, only a plate remains from the school . The village has an ottoman faucet with inscriptions of the 18th century. Just outside the village are the ruins of the Castle of Orias. The village celebrates with festivals for Agios Panteleimon, Agia Paraskevi and Virgin Mary.
No audio or video files.
Municipality of North Kynouria
The Traditional Song of the Castle of Oria
No other files.
There are no more subtopics under the current topic