Bridge of Koukos
University of Peloponnisos
The Bridge of Koukos is just 4 km outside the village of Maratha, where the Lousios river meets Alpheio river. The region of Gortynia is connected to Olympia by this bridge at a very inaccessible point, offering easy passage to the residents. It was constructed in 1880 with state funding. It was designed and built by technicians from Lagadia village, led by A. Katsianos. Its construction was an engineering challenge, since in order to build it technicians had to hang with nets over the river. The bridge is constructed with one arc, the length is 25m, the width is 4m and the height is 34m. It has been recognized as a monument. Today the bridge is accessible through a path.
No audio or video files.
No other files.
There are no more subtopics under the current topic