University of Peloponnisos
In the abandoned village of Menalo at an altitude of 1200 metres, is the restored home of Kolokotronis family. The place is hidden in the forest, and that is why it was used from Kolokotronis as a shelter. The house belonged to the family of the captain for centuries and his father renovated it, since it had destroyed during the Orlof’s incidence. After the revolution, the building gradually deteriorated, but was repaired at the expense of the Panagiotis Angelopoulos 1990. Since then, the stone house operates as a museum, dedicated to Th. Kolokotronis (open daily - October - April 11 a.m. to 4 pm, May - September 10 a.m. to 7 pm). The rest of the village is almost completely destroyed. Few ruins remind us that once there was a settlement. The only thing that is still standing is the restored church of St. John restored by the Angelopoulos family. A feast is organized on the 29 / 8.
No audio or video files.
Municipality of Falanthos
No other files.
There are no more subtopics under the current topic