University of Peloponnisos
This monastery is found in a spectacular location at an altitude of about 1000 meters in the area of the ancient sanctuary of Demeter. The monastery was built in the 11th century by the Byzantine Emperor Alexius Comnenus. It was burned by Ibrahim, during the revolution, because of the significant assistance provided by the monks to the Greek fighters. The monastery was restored shortly after the revolution ended and the cells are buildings of the 18th century. Relics, books, manuscripts and icons are kept in the monastery. Among the most important possessions of the abbey, is the icon of Virgin Gorgoepikoou, believed to have been made by Luke the Evangelist. The monastery celebrates on the 15 / 8.
No audio or video files.
No other files.
There are no more subtopics under the current topic