HOLY MONASTERY OF PANAYIA ZERBITSIS
Prefectural Administration of Lakonia
Located on the east side of Mt Taygetus, at an altitude of 500 m and 19 km from Sparta. An inscription states that the Holy Monastery was built in 1639 on the ruins of an earlier Christian church. The monastery katholikon church is a cross-in-square, four-column church with a dome, and divided into three parts: the narthex, the main church, and the three-apsed Holy Altar. Among the holy relics housed in the Monastery are those of the Saints: the Great Martyr Nymphodoras, Mercurio, the Neomartyr John of Gouves in Monemvasia, Agapi, Leontios Myrovletos, and others. The Museum was founded in 1968, with a plethora of holy relics.
No audio or video files.
No other files.
There are no more subtopics under the current topic