05/02/2008
Agios Ioannis of Kynouria

University of Peloponnisos

At an altitude of 750 metres on the Mount Sarantapsycho there is a small village, called Agios Ioannis (St.John). From 1798 until 1826, when it was destroyed by Ibrahim, the Karytsioti Agios Vasilios KynouriasSchool used to operate in the village with students from all over Peloponnese. Today, only a plate remains from the school . The village has an ottoman faucet with inscriptions of the 18th century. Just outside the village are the ruins of the Castle of Orias. The village celebrates with festivals for Agios Panteleimon, Agia Paraskevi and Virgin Mary.


Under Construction

Audio-Video files
No audio or video files.

Other files
No other files.