16/05/2008
Kalliarcheion, 55 Danaou str.

Municipality of Argos

Kalliarcheion is a bi-level, stone-built house with extremely well-looked-after and strong wall making. It is one of the most representative samples of neoclassic architecture in Argos. It was built in 1899 by the lawyer Epaminondas Kalliarchis, as we are informed by the proprietary epigraph on the transom.
During the German bondage it functioned as a hospital for a while and during the 1980s it lodged the conservatory for some years. The Xentaropoulos family acquired it (1950) and today it belongs to Petros Xentaropoulos (1989). On the first floor there are some magnificent ceiling paintings in a good condition.


Under Construction
Under Construction
Under Construction
Under Construction

Audio-Video files
No audio or video files.

Other files
No other files.