19/05/2008
Watering the city

Municipality of Argos

The city was watered by the wells of the area and the waters of Erasinos until 1954. From 1954 until 1972 it was watered from Erasinos only. From 1972 it is watered from Amymoni. At the whole seashore of the Argolic gulf there are springs called matia (eyes) from which the fields are watered.
The opening of the wells is attributed to the Danaides. But Agamemnon opened many wells called “Agamemnoneia freata” (wells of Agamemnon).


Audio-Video files
No audio or video files.

Other files
No other files.